Cross-country skiing in Altenmarkt – gliding through unspoilt winter landscapes away from the busy ski pistes offers a relaxing alternative to the alpine sport. Lovers of this healthy sport will find a 220 km track network in the cross-country haven of Altenmarkt-Zauchensee which promises sheer cross-country enjoyment for classic/novice skiers as well as the more advanced.
The region in the heart of the Salzburger Sportwelt also offers higher altitude tracks where you can always be sure of snow: Zauchensee high altitude track (6 km), Roßbrand (12 km) and Gnadenalm (10 km).
Enjoyable cross-country skiing right on the doorstep of Arnoldgut Farm!
There are many good reasons for choosing a cross-country skiing holiday on our farm in Altenmarkt:
- Cross-country tracks begin right on the doorstep
- Free use of cross-country ski paths
- Free use of the "Waxlraum"
- Clearly signposted and maintained track network
- Clear ski track map
- Choice of cross-country schools with equipment hire